All Debt Management Fees waived by ClearDebt to former Smooth Financial clients.
Further to our blog earlier this week regarding the “winding-up” Petition brought against Smooth Financial, we want to remind our readers that any clients of Smooth Financial who come to us for advice and enter into a Debt Management Plan (DMP) with us, will be able to do so (if it is the most appropriate solution) without any initial fees or ongoing administration fees.
In normal circumstances if entering into a Debt Management Plan with ourselves, or another debt solution company, an initial fee will be charged. In our case, this is 100% of your first monthly payment and 90% of your second monthly payment. After those payments have been made, all other monies paid to us will go directly to your creditors. With each monthly payment you make to us, for handling your Debt Management Plan and liaising with creditors on your behalf, an admin fee is charged.
Due to the emotional distress we appreciate so many clients of Smooth Financial must be under, we are waiving all initial fees as well as all admin fees for the duration of the Debt Management Plan.
We are aware that some other debt solution companies have also offered to help clients from Smooth Financial and ask you to ensure if they are offering free elements to their Debt Management Plans, that you check if all fees are waivered or if it is just the initial fees.
Want to know what our clients say about us?
One client recently said of our services:
Since you took over my monetary problems, life has become a lot more uncomplicated. I am actually thinking of taking a holiday, after 25 years! The team are very professional, understanding and make the whole system so easy to follow. You have taken over and my problems seems to have faded away. The only word I can think of for the team looking after me is BRILLIANT. Thanks guys.”
Industry Trade Body Membership
Known as one of the most respected and ethical debt solution companies in the UK, CEO of ClearDebt, David Mond, is also Chairman of industry trade body, The Debt Resolution Forum (DRF) and has been so since 2008.
DRF offer training to all professionals within the debt solution industry. The Certificate in Debt Resolution (CertDR) involves over 210 hours of study and three examinations. Of DRF member companies, ClearDebt are proud to have the highest number of CertDR qualified staff.
Our highly trained advisors can offer accurate and ethical advice, whilst our Customer Service team will ensure you have a consistent point of contact throughout your Plan with us.
Award Winning company
Over the last few years, ClearDebt has collected an array of industry awards as well as being named finalists in many awards being announced at the end of this year. See below the awards we have received:
- David Mond, CEO of ClearDebt, was announced as one the Power 100 people named by Insolvency Today. Those within the Power 100 group were given this status due to their ability to “making a demonstrable impact on and positive change to the industry.”
- ClearDebt itself was also named by The Telegraph as a Telegraph 1000 company. This status is awarded to the top 1000 companies The Telegraph consider to be “Britain’s Brightest Companies”.
- ClearDebt Advisor, Matthew Foley, was announced as Debt Advisor of the Year at the Debt Resolution Forum awards.
- David Mond, CEO of ClearDebt, was named Insolvency Practitioner of the Year at the Insolvency & Rescue Awards.
- Sarah Longsdale, Advisor for ClearDebt was named a finalist for Debt Advisor of the Year at the Debt Resolution Forum Awards as well as at the Credit Today Awards.
- ClearDebt were given the Investor in the Community Award for their work with local school, Blessed Thomas Holford.
ClearDebt are this year finalists at the Insolvency & Rescue Awards for the following award categories to be announced later this year –
- Insolvency Practitioner of the Year
- Insolvency Firm of the Year
- Insolvency Team of the Year
- Debt Management Team of the Year
Get help with your Smooth Financial Debt Management Plan
For advice please call our dedicated helpline on 0161 905 5665. Our advisors are available from 9.00 am to 9.00 pm Monday to Thursday, and from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm on Friday.